8/13/2011

Recap of our Summer

Well I promised that I would post soon, so I'm keeping my promise..for the 6 of you that follow me ha.
Naturally a lot has happened since the elk hunt..a lot! Jeremy finished up school in December with his degree in Outdoor Recreation Resource Management and I couldn't be more proud.  He started work in May for the Forest Service fighting fires and was gone for the beginning half of the summer fighting in Texas



I was only 6 weeks in this picture but in April we found out that I was pregnant and were a little shocked but more excited to start the next part of our lives! I just finished a summer semester and have only one more semester to go! Hopefully our little guy will wait for me to finish up finals before he comes!

We just got back from our river trip on the Gates of Ladore.  I'm not sure how to descibe the location...below flaming gorge and next to Vernal? Wherever it was it was BEAUTIFUL! We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights, and just camped along the banks each night at some awesome campsites.  Here are some pics for y'all.....


 Big Horn Sheep: These aren't them but during the trip I was walking around the mountain with my 4 year old nephew because we had to sit a dangerous rapid out..as we were making our treck back to the group we came acros a heard of big huge ginormous Rams...the ones on the dodge truck logo....yeah they're huge! And they're even bigger 20 feet away! All I could think about was the National Geographic shows of these guys charging each other as they bump heads...luckily that didn't happen to us and they kindly ran away after 10 minutes of waiting and starring me down.


 Fortunately/Unfortunately however you want to look at it, we celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the river! So so much has happened in our lives during these last two years: marriage, me going back to school, living in Alaska, Jer graduating from college, me nearing the end of my college career and the craziest of all getting pregnant and facing parenthood in 4 months! I couldn't have asked for a better husband to have in my life and I'm so grateful for all the hard work that he does to keep our family going and happy.  I love him and the two years that we've experienced together! It's been quite the journey with still a lot ahead of us to come!