This is the spike Jeremy was shooting at that I didn't see. It was so fun to see how excited he was not just about getting his elk but how excited he was all of September and October for this day. I am relieved to know that I can enjoy this and we can have something else we can do together. It's quite the bonding experience if I do say so myself.
This is the 5x6 that Ross shot. He hadn't shot at an elk for almost 15 years because of helping his 4 little boys all growing up trying to get the experience in and teaching them the ways of hunting. He got this elk about the first 10 minutes of our hunt one morning. It was crazy and exciting and nobody deserved this elk more than Ross did! Jeremy had to hike 3 miles back down to the camp to go get the packs to carry it out, so I stayed with Ross to gut the elk out. Lets just say it was a great bonding experience between a father-in-law and his daugthter-in-law. Sorry this was a very long blog, I couldn't have done it any shorter. Those were the highlights of the hunt that had to told. Also his brother John got a nice elk, and his brother Jeff got a huge one but another hunter claimed it when it really wasn't his to claim but Jeff is way to nice to put up a big fight when the guy had a son with him. That pretty much wraps up the elk hunt and I cant wait for next year..I'm just glad it's only one month a year..:)




